This Country

This is becoming a bit of a habit isn't it eh...


Another week, another blog *siiigghhh* but you never know - this one might actually be decent...well speaking of decent, this week's sitcom under the lens of my thorough journalistic scope if you will, is none other than a potential hidden gem. Yes that's right, this time round we're looking at a fairly new sitcom that has had its praises sung by many... it's This Country.

A British mockumentary which first aired in 2017, the show looks at the day-today lives of 2 cousins living in a small village based in the Cotswolds. Kerry & Kurtain, the two lead protagonists, give insights into the trivial behaviours, comic characters and quirky England Football kits they encounter whilst they basically cut about doing nothing. Sounds like heaven doesn't it eh...



There's no significant story arch to the show and although it aired for 3 seasons the basis for each episode is almost a day in the life, as very little connects each instalement to one another. That's a bonus too actually, you'll not need to watch the show from the very beginning and all the way through in order to keep track of what's happening and why. So say you were flicking through the channels and stumbled upon it on Dave, you'd enjoy it just as much as if you'd followed it from the start. 

But just because you can switch on whenever doesn't mean there aren't some quality one-liners being thrown about that are seriously quotable, here's some of my favourites so voilĂ - which is French for 'and there you have it'...

"My first day of karate club, karate master goes to me "Kerry I don't know why you're here because I can't teach you anything, if anything you should be teaching me" and just gave me his black belt"

 "When we first started dating I set the bar too high cause I was just texting her the whole time, but that's because I wanted to reel her it. But now the fish is in the net I ain't gonna keep throwing worms at it - that's a waste of worms"

"Sometimes you don't know what you've got until you ain't got it anymore. Like Blockbuster's - I just took 'em for granted, and then one day...gone"


Right, the moment of truth. Drumroll please, and for the 3rd time this series - let's see the scores on the doors. I'm gonna be generous this time round a grant this series a substantial 9.5/10. It's new, but it's pretty quick-witted stuff and if you've not seen it then I'd highly recommend it.  

Ty once again for tuning in girls & guys, same time next week for blog #4 yeah? Sure why not.









Comments

Popular Posts