The Inbetweeners

 Right,

 Hello and Welcome. Just before we get started, a bit of pre-enjoyment admin unfortunately. If I were you, I'd give the 'About the Blog' section of the column a read as a sort of trailer preview to see what I've got in store for you - cause trust me you're not gonna wanna miss this.



With that being said, it's time to strap in and get going folks with the numero uno blog in the series for my Marketing module this term - and oh my is it a biggy. Let's talk; The Inbetweeners. 

If you're anything like me (and if you're reading this, then by the sounds of it you are) it's no secret that you would have seen...and loved this utterly unreal show, so lets you and I dive down into the fruitful pool of nostalgia shall we? Filmed over 3 seasons with 6 episodes in each, the show engulf's the viewer into the hormone infused, caravan-clubbing & daffodil-stomping lives of 4 fwwwwiends with Will, the new boy on the block being the lead protagonist & the likes of Simon, Neil and Jay finishing off the quartet. 

Although the show only aired for 3 short-but-sweet seasons, it was a hit right from the beginning, yet has only continued to rise in popularity with kids and teens nowadays binging it as almost a right-of-passage into adulthood, quoting some of Jay's best lines along the way. Personal favourites of mine include the likes of, but are not limited to:

"championship manager? completed it mate..."

"I've got a mate who build's formula 1 cars, he owes me a favour"

"On holiday in Spain on year, me and my mate took a pedalo out and went to Africa"



Funny enough there's no serious story arch or character development within the series, apart from Jay getting a girlfriend before subsequently loosing her because, and I quote: his kn*b was too big. But I reckon that's what makes it so good. Simplicity at its finest. No canned laughter. No over-exaggerated scenes, just teenage boys doing what teenage boys do best - which according to this show is trying to see if they can join the 'Dead Hand Gang' with added snorkelling accessories or conveniently re-arranging the village round-about floral compositions.  

Overall people, this series gets a substantial 9/10. 

And you may ask yourself "but Jack you must be mad, why not 10/10?!" and to that I say...I would have loved to have seen them do one more season instead of a pretty average film series. Granted the first film was decent, but come on, the second one was a let down. But hey, let me know what you think in the comments...not saying I'll read them, but still, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

So stay tuned for next week's episode where we'll be looking at the Love lives of Gavin & Stacey, and of course Neil...the baby. But in the meantime I've linked The Inbetweeners best moments to pass the time cause you know me, a real man of the people. 


see you soon kids x







Comments

Popular Posts