Come Fly With Me

 4 down 1 to go,


It's with utter pleasure than I can announce that this journalistic month-long marathon is in its closing stages, some may be happy some may be sad but I'm just tired to be honest. With that in mind I think it's fitting to have a detailed look at a fallen soldier in recent times. Due to appropriate social movements, viewers can no longer watch this spoof comedy series, that being said there's no reason why we can't do it a solid and reminisce over some of its best moments. So, for one last time won't you join me for a stroll down memory lane...and let's have little natter about; Come Fly With Me.




A British mockumentary series written and staring David Williams & Matt Lucas which launched back in 2010, the show follows the activities of fictional characters who are employed around a UK Airport (fun fact of the day kids, it was all filmed at London Stansted). The show more or less pokes fun at a multitude of ironic stereotypes and well known airlines. The viewer gets to see the very best from the likes of Omar Baba - owner of Flylo airlines and well known womaniser, Ian Foot - pompous and racially charged immigration inspector & Taaj Manzoor - Flylo ground crew and avatar's number 1 fan. With that, lets have gander at some of the show's classic quotes & favourites moments. 


Taaj Manzoor - "You get me? you get me? you do get me? it is of paramount importance that you get me, you get me...you have been got?...good"

Taaj Manzoor- "Ok b*tches, the p*ssy wagon has arrived"

Moses Beacon - "Dog is Dead"

Asuka & Nanako - "Ling ting ling ting Martin Clunes Martin Clunes, ling ting ling ting Martin Clunes Martin Clunes"

Precious - "we got milk, we got sugar, we got fire, we got sweetener, we got chocolate sprinkles, we got soya milk for the lactose intolerant community and we got gas but the lord in his almighty wisdom chose today to not give us hot water"

Tommy - "one ticket to Prague please"




So yeah, overall girls & guys, despite the sheer popularity of the show there are only 6 episodes all together with the 1 season being aired. In hindsight, this sitcom is clearly not appropriate anymore and for good reason with the out-and-out amount of red tape being crossed so I think you’ll agree that this gets a 5/10. But if you ever get a chance to catch an episode down the line then go for it without hesitation as you'll not likely get another one. 

Wrapping it all up, this series has had highs and clearly many lows...will the blog ever make a return? I seriously wouldn't count on it. But I'll leave you with the fact that, as we've seen over the 5 posts, great content only seems to last 1 season. So with that final coup de grĂ¢ce, I'll be out of your hair and fingers crossed you won't be hearing from me any time soon - what a relief eh. 

ty for hearing me jabber on for these past 5 weeks.    

Jack x








Comments

Popular Posts