The Office

 I promised thick and I promised fast, have I delivered? 

Probably not, but what's done is done and we've arrived at the penultimate blog on this rollercoaster of a series. So get comfy, dim the lights and lets you and me have a little chat about; The Office.

A British sitcom mockumentary that first broadcast on the BBC back in 2001 - the show follows a stationery company, Wernhan Hogg from Slough trading estate, often cited as one of the top places to live in the UK 🥴. Written and directed by none other than Ricky Gervais along with Steven Merchant, the viewer is propelled into the socially awkward relationships of office-life back at the turn of the millennium. We get to witness all manner of maverick behaviours from cast members - ranging from failed office romances to outright unproductivety, this show has it all. 




Although it's a strong cast across the board, it's pretty safe to say that one chirpy chap in particular stands out among the rest - David Brent. Manager of the Slough branch, Brent could quite easily have a show all to himself with the amount of nonsense that this bloke gets up to. Constantly crossing the line with inappropriate, sexist comments and just overall poorly timed jokes, it's a miracle that he hadn't been fired by the firm years prior to the mockumentary being aired. With that being said, you and I both know what's coming don't you...it's time for some of the series' best quotes, so let's see what we've got in store this time;

"I went go-karting the first day it opened, and did a couple of laps, pulled over and the bloke that runs the thing came over and went 'oi no professionals' I took my helmet off and said - I'm not a professional, he said 'well you should be, if I was you i'd take up F1' I said I'm not interested I'm making sh*t loads out of computers."

"Cause I told him once I don't like jelly, don't trust the way it moves"

"Under strengths you've just put Accounts - but that's your job?? Right ok, and under weaknesses you've put...eczema"





But with these quality characters and side-splitting moments also comes an above average premise. The TV crew films as the paper company is downsizing, with people's job's and livelihoods on the line seeming to add a sense of realism that the viewer can relate to. This in turn keeps you fixed to the screen, and with only 12 episodes over the course of 2 seasons, all spanning at around the 30 minute mark, this sitcom series is very much bingable. 

All in all a decent bit of tele if you ask me. Easy going, lighthearted and you really can't help but love some of the scenes that play out along the way while finding yourself quoting some of Brent's very best (and awkward) one-liners - reckon this is getting a 7.75/10 from me. 

ty and see you for the final and last entry x







Comments

Popular Posts